- A Beginner's Guide to Fountain Pens
- Your First Fountain Pen - a Buying Guide & Best Beginner Fountain Pen
- OfficeSupplyGeek's Reviews of best beginner fountain pens
- Finding Vintage Postage at Letter Writers Alliance
- Children should learn to do more than click
- Life in words: A documentation of unedited emotion
- Pens for Better Penmanship: Don't Forget (How) to Write! (Have keyboards and touch screens ruined your handwriting skills? A fountain pen, the right paper and some practice can help)
- Here in the USA, Bible Study Fellowship classes start back up this week. If you're looking for a good Bible study (that's free) you can check out their class locator page to find one close to you.
- You can also check out Precept's website to see if there are any classes near you but unfortunately, quite a few Precept Bible study leaders don't post their classes online.
- Thabiti Anyabwile’s Speaks Out on Victims of Racism, Maintains Silence on Victims of SGM Sexual Abuse at the blog Thou Art the Man. Also, Mark Driscoll, High-Profile Pastors, and Credibility at Matt Redmon's blog. I used to hold the big-wigs at TGC in very high-esteem but as I follow both the Mark Driscoll/Mars Hill and CJ Mahaney/SGM scandals the less respect I have for them. They're supposed to be shepherds but they seem to be falling down on their job of guarding and protecting Christians (the flock) with the exception of pastors like John MacArthur, who appears to have kept (see Brent Detwiler's post of same name, Mark Driscoll, High-Profile Pastors, and Credibility).
- EMOTIONAL ABUSE (Recognizing, Repenting, and Responding to Abuse) on Dee Brestin's blog (I haven't had time to even skim this one yet but since it's a timely topic I wanted to share it here)
Books and Reading:
- As soon as I heard that Jan Karon had a new book in her Mitford series coming out, I put Somewhere Safe with Somebody Good on my TBR list and put a hold on it at the library. But after reading this review of it at A Living Pencil I don't want to wait and am thinking about making run to Costco to see if they have it in for a decent price. Afterall, I bought hardback copies of the others as soon as they came out (pre-Kindle days) so it would be nice to have them all match. =D