And to those of you that I owe a letter, I hope to get (short) letters written and mailed by the end of next week.
- 4 Tips for Bible Memory at Gloria Furman's blog
- What Society Will Never Tell You: True Beauty Is Inner Beauty at Randy Alcorn's blog
- Keeping the home vs. not staying home at Living on Less Money
- 50 Shades of Strange at The Housewife Theologian (while I haven't read any of the 50 Shades of Grey books & am not interested in reading them - I guess you can call me a Book Snob, of sorts - I have been surprised at how many Christian women seem to be fans of the book(s) & are excited about the movie). Matt Walsh also did a post on the subject, To the women of America: 4 reasons to hate Shades of Grey. Apparently lots of women were upset with him but I have to admit, from what I skimmed of his article I agree with him. Some of the quotes he shared from the book(s) were "laugh out loud" bad.
- I've read several good reviews of Made for More: An Invitation to Live in God's Image by Hannah Anderson (is it just me, or does the name make others think of the wonderful childrens clothing catalog? I loved all the outfits we bought there when our daughter was little). Here's another review at Practical Theology for Women that I want to read. Sounds like a book I'll be buying as soon as I see it marked down on Kindle.
- Context Is Everything* at No Ordinary Faith sounds like a book (series) I may want to read eventually
- 3 posts at Cake, Tea and Dreams: Hibernation Weekend, PEI: the Food, & Visting Green Gables (which I looked at before but I want to share with any Anne of Green Gables fans - it makes me want to visit PEI even more)
- Southern Diet Linked To Death In Those With Kidney Disease at The National Kidney Foundation
- Beautiful Living* at Letters From Midlife ~ now that we're moved and getting settled, this is a good reminder for me. I'd thought I should leave unpacking my books for last but this post makes me want to find my Alexandra Stoddard books to help me decide how to set things up and make unpacking a joyful experience. ;-)
Books & Reading:
- Reading to Know is giving away a $50 Amazon gift card to celebrate her 8th year of blogging (US residents only). Entering requires a bit of thought (& creativity?) so doesn't end until August 8. IF I can find enough spare time to find one of my favorite books and take a photo of myself reading it, I might enter, but I'm not holding my breath.
- HT Monergism, here is a great app which allows you to right click any eBook (or document) on your computer and it automatically uploads it wirelessly to your Kindle device(s). I really HAVE to try this since I often email docs to my Kindle. 8/5/14 ~ So far this application works great, at least it makes sending documents and articles to my Kindle so much easier. But between unpacking and trips to see DH in the hospital I have not had time to read any of the articles I sent to my Kindle so I can't vouch for how they look on my Kindle yet.
Letters & Mail:
- Just because my daughter is a Loki/Tom Hiddleston fan, here's his thank you letter to Joss Whedon for writing "The Avengers"
* posts I found and added after 8/1/14 (sorry, I just don't have enough time to do new posts right now)