- Today's Free Stuff Fridays give away on Tim Challies' blog is one all pen & noteboook lovers will want to enter - it's for a Lamy Safari fountain pen & a large Leuchtturm notebook for 5 lucky winners. I've got my fingers crossed. And good luck. :-)
- Here's a WSJ article by Paul Theroux on the power of the pen. While it's not about letter writing, I think some of his thoughts about the pros of writing with a pen apply to letter writing as well. I loved this quote:
"Writing by hand is part of my creative process. The speed at which I write with a pen seems
to be the speed at which my imagination finds the best forms of words."
- Crane & Co. (I love their stationery) interviewed Donovan Beeson of the Letter Writers Alliance on their blog. (And check out the cute and clever new "stationery" that LWA is selling.)
- Not so much a link (yet) but a bit of news for those who've explored my site & noticed my info about Connect Precept, a where for online Precept Bible studies are offered. Precept has been working on a new site which replace Connect, as well as offer even more options, so as of September 1st their Connect site will be taken down. I'll post more when the new site is live and open for people to join.
- For a short time Amazon has the Kindle edition of Transforming Grace by Jerry Bridges on sale for just $2.99. Also on sale for just $2.99, the Kindle edition of Nancy Leigh DeMoss' book Becoming God's True Woman (that one ends 8/31/12).
- I loved the video "The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore" and it turns out there's a picture book of it. You can read a review of the book at Becky's Book Reviews & watch it on YouTube.
** 9/8/12 - or perhaps not, as it looks like it's no longer on YouTube. :-( That's a shame because it's a cute video but I wouldn't pay to watch something that short. Then again, in this economy we've quit going to movies and have gone back to borrowing books from the library instead of buying them.