- Holiday Newsletter Ideas Galore!
- Christmas News Letters - Suggestions and Examples ~ Yes, a picture of yourself with an eagle on your head would make for a very interesting newsletter
- Let’s talk about Christmas Cards at Carol Ann McCarthy's blog
Miscellaneous ♠ Frugal living ♠ Recipes
- A Nice Cup of Tea by George Orwell ~ I agree with several of his points but I won't give up tea bags for making just one cup of tea.
- Which expired foods are okay to eat? (ht Barbara at Stray Thoughts) ~ lists like this are very handy when rotating and restocking pantry shelves.
- Buffalo Chicken Casserole ~ I posted this last week and it was such a big hit with my family I had to make it twice this week so I'm sharing it here again.
- Money Saving Strategies for the Grocery Store and 32 Gift Ideas for Everyone on Your List at The (Mostly) Simple Life
- Healthcare Sharing Group Comparison ~ for all those who are finding the "Affordable" Care Act to be very unaffordable
Books & Reading
- 2016 Winter Book Fair: Books For Everyone! at Redeemed Reader ~ there are some great suggestions on this list
- A Tale of Two Totally Different Nancy Drews: How two writers took the timeless heroine from spunky to sedate ~ I never knew this so now I'm curious about the real, original Nancy Drew books. I'll have to keep my eyes peeled now when I go to used book and thrift stores.
- Twitter and the loss of careful reading at The Upward Call (Kim Shay's blog)
- Favorite Books of 2016 at Tried With Fire (Persis' blog)
- Where Should Our Women be Discipled? at Housewife Theologian
- Tone and the Trinity Debate ~ still pondering this one (as well as a blog post he linked to)
- Answering Four Common Layman Responses to the ESS/EFS/ERAS Debate at A Daughter of the Reformation (I haven't read this yet so am posting it to read later)