Since I love to read (even though I don't think I met my goal for books read in 2013) I'm always on the look out for good books to read and one way to do that is to check out other bloggers' lists of the books they read the previous year or what they hope to read in the coming year. Here are just some of the lists I found:
- Mental Multivitamin's 2013 list
- Stuck in a Book's Top Ten Books of 2013
- Becky's Book Reviews: the Best of the Best
- Writing and Living: Most Intriguing Books Read in 2013
- The Quivering Pen: My Year of Books (Best Fiction of 2013)
- Georgianne: What I read in 2013 and Favorite Books of 2013
- Boston Bibliophile: Favorite Reads of 2013
- Semicolon: Books We Must Have Though We Lack Bread - "12 Books I Want to Read in 2014"
- Becky's Book Reviews: 2014 Reading Challenge: L.M. Montgomery and My Top Ten L.M. Montgomery (2013)
Of general interest:
- Brain Function Boosted for Days After Reading a Novel
- Fore-edge painting on old books
- 'Dear Daddy in Seat 16C Flight 1850 From Philly:' Stranger's Act of Kindness Toward 3-Year-Old Autistic Girl Goes Viral
- Cindy at Letters From Midlife has a good review of "Another Jesus" Calling (A Biblical Critique of Sarah Young's Jesus Calling) by Warren B. Smith. I have to admit that I'm not a fan of the book Jesus Calling by Sarah Young and have been bothered over the last several years by how many Christian women at the Bible study I used to attend raved about it so I was very glad to when I saw this review. I just may have to add Mr. Smith's book to my TBR list for 2014.