list with more subject headings but it will probably take several weeks to complete.
- The Art - and Artists - of Letter Writing ~ very short review of a new book about letter writing, called Pen to Paper: Artists Handwritten Letters
- Pen pals Carole Keeble and Elsa Byørnstad meet to mark 50 years of correspondence
- Letters lead to lifelong love story
Books & Reading
- ???? not sure, but... On the Books: Three women, one murder and a letter that connects them all ~ review of The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarty. Sounds intriguing and I keep hearing good things about this author but have yet to read any of her books.
- Review of Salt to the Sea at Becky's Book Reviews ~ I've read several good reviews about this book so have it on my TBR and on hold at the library
- Children Should be Encouraged to Read Fantasy Fiction at Intellectual Takeout
- How Long Will It Take to Finish Your TBR Pile? calculator ~ sort of fun - The Idyllwild Library shared this on their Facebook page. I'm glad our nearby library has re-opened (sort of) but still miss the one in Idyllwild. It was small but all the librarians went above and beyond their job description to help patrons. And their Facebook page is better than most, too. =D)
- The perfect summer reading for every Myers-Briggs personality type at Modern Mrs Darcy ~ I'm curious how accurate this is.
- 8 cover design secrets publishers use to manipulate readers into buying books
- Hooked on the story also at Modern Mrs Darcy ~ I'm not really sure what the first book was that hooked me, but I do remember that I was dying to learn to read (and write) even as a small child. And as soon as I could read, I started checking horse books out of the library because I was horse crazy - Billy and Blaze, Marguerite Henry's books, and the Black Stallion as well as some whose names (both authors and titles) I've forgotten even though I can still remember some of the story lines.
to return it to the library before finishing it (we have it on hold again but there are a
lot of hold ahead of us) so we are now reading A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman,
and enjoying it so much we're thinking we might want to read his book My Grandmother
Asked Me to Tell You She's Sorry next since we've heard great things about it too. I'm also
juggling several other books, including Housewife Theologian by Aimee Byrd, Comfort for
Christians by AW Pink, and When Books Went to War by Molly Guptill Manning.
- Hello Goodbye: The author of a best-selling abstinence manifesto is reconsidering the lessons he taught to millions ~ hmmm, I'm not exactly sure what to think about this; it might be a step in the right direction....
- A Few MORE Good Men: 10 Doctrinally Sound Male Teachers at Michelle Lesley's blog ~ some of these teachers I say a hearty "Amen" to, some I'd say they're "pretty good," but some I'm not sure about yet and would probably put in the "good on some things, but not others" category.
- Rachel Miller on CBMW and EFS/ERAS at Carl Trueman's blog ~ more important info on the Trinity debate along with her blog post
- Three Failing Strategies Being Used to Redefine the Trinity at Missio Alliance
Miscellaneous ♠ Frugal living
- Christmas Decoration Hacks ~ the DIY candy decorations are adorable and look so easy
- 7 Important Knots Everyone Should Know How To Tie video ~ I learned some of these in Girl Scouts and 4-H but should probably learn all of them
- Creamy Macaroni and Cheese casserole ~ I <3 Mac 'n Cheese so hope to try this recipe soon
- Just Sniffing This Poisonous Plant Could Be Deadly to Your Pet
- Pastor Takes Out Second Loan On Home To Purchase New Logos Bible Software at The Babylon Bee (satire) ~ this one's too funny not to share