- U.S. Postal Service Letters FROM Santa Program Provides Santa's Personalized Response to Your Child's Letter
- You've got (art) mail ~ the "text" poem made me laugh =D
Books & Reading
- The Best-Seller Myth
- Cool, Bookish Ideas for Your Bullet Journal at Book Riot ~ because I'm always looking for good ways to keep track of my TBR & books read lists.
- Plumfield and Paideia ~ a new-to-me blog about books - she mostly has info about children's and YA literature, but also has a nice selection of "Mom's Literature." They also sort of have a Facebook group.
- Speaking of children's and YA literature, Modern Mrs. Darcy has been doing podcasts about just that all this week, which I've been enjoying. (Yes, I'll admit that I still enjoy plenty of children's and YA literature! =D) On Monday she interviewed Sarah Mackenzie of Read Aloud Revival and yesterday (Thurs) she had Gretchen Rubin on to discuss adults reading YA & kid's lit. Here are the links to Tuesday's, Wednesday's and today's programs as well. She also posted 7 Tips for Raising Kids Who Love to Read.
- Host a Silent Reading Party in 7 Easy Steps at Book Riot ~ an interesting idea
Christian ♦ Christmas & Advent
- Book Talk - Let the Christmas Reading Commence at Coffee, Tea, Books and Me ~ Nice list of Christmas books - I've read (& loved) several of them and am trying to put others on hold at our library. But one of my favorites isn't on her list so I "have" to add it here: Angels & Other Strangers by Katherine Paterson (author of Bridge to Terebithia) is a book of short stories that we always get out and read at Christmas (if not all the stories, at least two or three of our favorites). It's out of print, but there are used, 1 cent copies available on Amazon. Or there's her newer Christmas book (A Stubborn Sweetness and Other Stories for the Christmas Season) which has most of the stories from "Angels" and some from another book of her Christmas stories. (My absolute favorite is the story of the same name, Angels & Other Strangers!
Miscellaneous ♠ Frugal living ♠ Recipes
- How to Use Oxygen Absorbers the Right Way ~ since I live in the desert now, I don't think I need to use oxygen absorbers most of the time but it's good info to know. And I probably should use them when we're running our swamp cooler during the summer.
- Cheesy Potato Casserole ~ I'm thinking about making this for Thanksgiving next week
- Dorothy's Sweet Potato Pie ~ another recipe I want to try next week (because we lost my Father-in-laws fantastic sweet potato pie recipe so we're looking for a replacement)
- 8 Depression Era Money Saving Tips at Premeditated Leftovers
- Weekend Reading at Down to Earth ~ she has some links you may want to check out