- Veteran's letters (WWI - The Great War) These were all for Veteran's Day but since they're letter related & Veteran's Day was just this week, I thought I'd share them today.
• Remembrance in letters: One family’s story
• WWI letters written with wry humor by an Ohio soldier: James F. Burns
- 19 Reasons We Should All Start Writing Letters Again
Books & Reading:
- Since I'm always on the look-out for good books to read, when a book blogger recommended Jamie Langston Turner's novels at the blog Worthwhile Books, I added her to my TBR list. And when the Kindle version of her book Suncatchers was on sale soon after seeing that post, I snatched it up. I'm reading it now and enjoying it so far. So much that I've added most of her other books to my TBR list and subscribed to her e-newsletter. I also thought this article about her (and her newest book) was interesting so thought I'd share it here.
- Katherine Reay's new book, Lizzy & Jane, was released recently and there's a review of it at the blog AustenProse.
- 6 Ways To Become a Power User of the Public Library at BookRiot
- There is a giveaway going on for a new book (Where Treetops Glisten) at Kristy Cambron's blog.
- 15 Fabulous Make-Ahead Holiday Cookies ~ since Christmas is right around the corner & they sound so yummy! =D
This is a touching advertisement, but I'd hardly say Christmas is (only) about sharing.
Interesting video - they make some very good points about what's going on in many churches.