Read in December:
- Somewhere Safe with Somebody Good by Jan Karon ~ loved it but I admit it was a mix of reading the print copy I bought at Costco and listening to the library audio version via OverDrive Media.
- Suncatchers by Jamie Langston Turner ~ someone recomended this author on the blog Worthwhile Books and I really liked it. So much so that I'm planning to read more of her books and bought several Kindle versions when they were on sale.
- This Quiet Sky by Joanne Bischof ~ another new-to-me author. Earlier this month I heard she was going to be speaking at the Idyllwild library and since my daughter & I had to go up there to do some work at the "cabin" we thought it would be fun to go hear her. Unfortunately, we were still cleaning out the rain gutters when it started and by the time we were finished and hurried to the library, it was basically over.
- Thief of Glory by Sigmund Brouwer ~ my daughter received and read this for Christmas and she's dying to talk with me about it so it got moved to the top of the pile
- Ordinary: Sustainable Faith in a Radical, Restless World by Michael Horton
The rest of my TBR piles: The two books at the top of the left-hand pile are books my husband got for Christmas so I'll have to wait for him to finish them before I can start reading them. The rest in that pile are books I picked up at the library book sale. Just $3 for a whole bag of books! Unfortunately I was only there to drop off some books and DVDs that were due so didn't really have time to browse the sale. I just grabbed the first ones I saw that looked good, paid and hurried off to run the rest of my errands without even filling a whole bag. Maybe next year. The pile on the right are a combination of library books I checked out to look at and our books (print copies and my Kindle). And that's my new book bag in the background -- I picked it up when we went to hear (but missed) Joanne Bischof so our trip wasn't a total waste. ;-)