(You can check it out here at http://spurgeon.wordpress.com/)
Bethlehem and Golgotha Friday, December 17, 2010, 5:31:08 AM | spurgeon The opening words from John Donne’s Christmas sermon delivered on December 25, 1626:
The whole life of Christ was a continual Passion; others die Martyrs, but Christ was born a Martyr. … His birth and his death were but one continual act, and his Christmas-day and his Good Friday, are but the evening and morning of one and the same day.
and also this:
Sharing the Gospel During Christmas Tuesday, December 14, 2010, 7:46:29 AM | spurgeon Today on C.J. Mahaney’s blog I posted excerpts from a Christmas sermon by Charles Spurgeon. In the sermon, Spurgeon encourages his growing congregation to find opportunities to share the gospel with family and friends over the Christmas holiday. He makes these points:
- Christmas is suited for sharing the gospel with family and friends.
- Aim to share the story of God’s grace in your life.
- By sharing we edify believers.
- By sharing we reach lost friends and family.
- Be alert for one-on-one opportunities to share your story.
- Don’t expect this sharing to be easy.
- Overcome this fear by sharing to honor your Savior.
- Share your story with gratitude to God.
- Share your story with humility.
- Share your story truthfully—don’t embellish it.
- Tell your story seriously—don’t share it flippantly.
- Don’t neglect your personal devotions during Christmas.
- Rest upon the Holy Spirit’s help to share.
- Remember that this story you share over the holidays is the story that will be on your lips eternally.
Check out the entire post here.