- Letter with hand-drawn map and no address makes it to remote home in Iceland & In Iceland, a Hand-Drawn Map Is as Good as an Address ~ <3 this! And doubt our mailmen where we now live would ever manage this since some of our correctly labeled mail has gone missing in the last couple of years.
- Millennials Love Stationery for National Letter Writing Day on September 1 ~ Better late than never? I didn't realize until late Thursday evening that it was National Letter Writing Day.
- An Interview with Master Calligrapher Seb Lester ~ he makes it look so easy
Books & Reading
- The life-changing moment of learning to read
- Got Little Free Library Envy? Start Here. ~ I didn't have this bookmarked so don't think I shared it here (and I'm still checking thrift stores and garage/yard sales in my hunt for the perfect LFL to put in my front yard).
- 11 Delightful Tales Set in Our Favorite Place—Bookstores! ~ I've only read a couple of these (loved Charing Cross) but have several of the others on my TBR list and will be looking into the others. =D
- Katherine Wentworth by D. E. Stevenson at Reading Scotland ~ because I intend to read a book set in Scotland for part of the (Challies) 2016 Reading Challenge and because I'm interested in Scottish things (plus, I can remember my Scottish grandma reading D.E. Stevenson's books).
- How Do Authors Keep Coming Up With Book Ideas? at Inspired by Life ... and Fiction
- I found both of these responses to Glenn Stanton's article on "why men & women aren't equal" (HERE) very good:
* Are Women the Holders of Virtue? at Housewife Theologian
* Do Women Make Men Civilized? at A Daughter of the Reformation
- Why Do Egalitarians Get to Write More About Phoebe? at Housewife Theologian