Books and Reading
- Read Aloud Dad ~ this site is still new to me, but I like what I've read there so far
- A book club for two, still going after 35 years — on the phone ~ love this =D
- Good Books from Louisa May Alcott at Plumfield and Paideia
- A Chance for Change at A Storyfull Life
- Did Tolkien Waste His Life? on the importance of fantasy/fairy stories
- What Does It Mean to Have ‘Read’ a Book?: Have you ever lied and said you finished a book when you hadn't? Here's why ~ looks interesting so sharing it here so I can read it later
- 5 Great Places to Donate Your Old Books ~ I'd have to add your local used book and thrift stores, your public library (for the Friends of the Library $3 per bagful of books sales), etc. Since we've been on a very tight budget the last 8 years, those are the main places we buy books anymore, along with Amazon Kindle sales.
- Speaking of Kindle sales, A History of Christianity: an Introductory Survey is on sale for $2.99 today (regularly $19.99). I'm thinking about buying it to read for the VT Reading Challenge since our library doesn't have much of a selection in that category. Going by the reviews on Amazon and Goodreads, it sounds like a pretty good overview of Church history.
- 11 Great World War II Novels Coming in 2017 ~ some of these sound good
Miscellaneous ♦ Frugal living
- Vintage Recipe: Grandmother’s Date Bread Recipe ~ sounds like an interesting Depression/WWII era recipe
- Our favorite homemade Christmas gift was a cheese ball made using this recipe (we've made it several times since Christmas) and one of the ingredients is dried beef. I don't think I've ever bought it before but the smell brought back a childhood memory of a frugal meal my mom sometimes made - Chipped Beef on Toast. So I started Googling and found this recipe. I hope it tastes as good as my mom's. Although I had to shop around for the dried beef because some of the markets wanted a ridiculous price for one jar, which would mean it wouldn't exactly be a frugal meal anymore.
- Dear Women's Ministry, Stop Telling Me I'm Beautiful
- 4 Dangerous Lies That Are Destroying Christians
- Dealing with Abusive Men at My Only Comfort ~ still pondering this one